What is Compounding?
Compounding combines an ageless art with the latest medical knowledge and state-of-the-art technology, allowing specially trained professionals to prepare customized medications to meet each patient’s specific needs. Compounding is fundamental to the profession of pharmacy and was a standard means of providing prescription medications before drugs began to be produced in mass quantities by pharmaceutical manufacturers. The demand for professional compounding has increased as healthcare professionals and patients realize that the limited number of strengths and dosage forms that are commercially available are unable to meet the unique needs of many patients. These patients may have a better response to a customized dosage form that is "just what the doctor ordered".
Compounding content © Storey Marketing. All rights reserved.
Our compounding professionals can prepare
- unique dosage forms containing the ideal dose of medication for each individual.
- medications in dosage forms that are not commercially available, such as transdermal gels, troches, "chewies", and lollipops.
- medications free of problem-causing excipients such as dyes, sugar, lactose, or alcohol.
- combinations of various compatible medications into a single dosage form for easier administration and improved compliance.
- medications that are not commercially available.